Can I have my DevOps Fluffy with a side of Culture?

Wednesday afternoon, while at the DevOps East Conference, I attended a Continuous Integration (CI) session delivered by Chris Riley (@HoardingInfo). Chris was sharing his past experiences with CI and how to best roll it out to all types of organizations.

I particularly liked his suggestion of putting the QA team front and center, as I agree that there are few groups better suited to caring about the end-to-end cycle of delivery.

During the session, Chris offered his definitions of DevOps, both the practice, and the movement. It was during this discussion of the ‘fluffy’ side of DevOps (people, processes, and journeys) that I realized I was definitely a Fluffy DevOps kind of guy.

Continue reading Can I have my DevOps Fluffy with a side of Culture?

Sitecore DevOps: Scaling content deployments

Sitecore 122When a solution is in operational support, handling ongoing changes in the Sitecore database can be challenging. System admins and content marketers need to be able to make changes in production authoring, the maintenance team needs to make quick fixes through all environments, and the development team needs to be able to build out new features. Here are some incremental options you can use to scale up your content deployments for development and operations.

Continue reading Sitecore DevOps: Scaling content deployments

SUGCON – Day Two

The end of SUGCON arrived as quickly as it started. I had a chance to see a little of the commerce panel this morning before I started prepping for my own presentation.

It wasn’t until I walked out of the Rosedown room that I felt like I could finally relax, enjoy lunch, and not think about prepping for another presentation.

A few people had told me they would be coming by for my Continuous Integration presentation, but I was honestly surprised by the great turnout and engagement from the room. So many great questions, both during the presentation and after. I’m glad I had planned for a longer Q&A session than normal. :) As a group, we got to talk about continuous improvement, deploying stuff everywhere, and even some strategies for continuous deployment to production.

It was exciting to interact with the community so closely and I’m looking forward to the next time. Thanks everybody for coming out, and thanks to Mike and Akshay for all their work on the conference!

Continue reading SUGCON – Day Two

SUGCON – Day One

The MVP Summit may be over, but SUGCON started today and all I can say is that I WAS NOT PREPARED.

I was not prepared for the amount of work that Akshay, Mike, Hedgehog, and BrainJocks had put into this event.

I was not prepared for the number and variety of attendees here at the conference.

I was MOST DEFINITELY not prepared for the “ring girl” at the accelerator panel!

Continue reading SUGCON – Day One

Sitecore MVP Summit 2015 – Day One

It’s Monday and I’m in New Orleans. Wait. I should phrase that differently.


The Sitecore MVP registration and reception happened this evening. The real fun is chatting with MVPs from all over the world. I had a great talk with Robert Hock by the pool, and met new faces like Jeff Wang from Australia. I hope to get a chance to chat with more folks over the next few days.

Continue reading Sitecore MVP Summit 2015 – Day One

Swimming against the waterfall…


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 62 other followers